5/04/2007

Safari

In October we went on Safari in Kenya which was amazing. I could've sat and watched those animals all day, especially the baby lions and elephants. Muli was our guide. He picked us up at the airport, took us for breakfast, then headed out on the drive to our first stay. A couple of days we took "breakfast in a box" and sat out in the middle of all the animals, once by the river and another in the field. The animals were starting to migrate and you could see them for miles and miles and miles. The river was below our first room and it was full of Hippos! You could sit on the back porch, look at the moon and listen to the Hippos snort. We also had monkeys everywhere, as I turned around in the room one was peeking in the window and scared me! When you're upstairs, you're not expecting someone to look in your window! All of our rooms were nice throughout the trip and we had one night in a tented camp. Inside the tent, was a four poster canopy queen-size bed, and a nice size bathroom! I would say it's not like any tent I've ever slept in! I could go on forever about this trip as it is probably our favorite at this point.

1 comments:

Luke's Mimi said...

Way to go Marilyn. Good job on your blog spot.

New Villa

New Villa
We love our new place

PART OF THE KITCHEN

PART OF THE KITCHEN
I love the island we had built

Pro Am Tournament 2008 - Aihn Soukhna

Pro Am Tournament 2008 - Aihn Soukhna
Ready to Tee off on #1

Sky

Sky
This snow is great!

Birthday Gift

Birthday Gift
I love my tent

Birthday Cake!

Birthday Cake!
This birthday cake is yummy!